Update on my little Beatrice

In the last week I have been amazed and humbled by peoples offering help, buying my wares and just generally being amazing.

I didn’t realise how truly awesome my friends are, and so thank you.

The little lady in question is still at home and is spending time working out new and exciting ways of avoiding taking her medicine.
Her current favourite is to hide in the back of the cage with iago sitting in front of her to protect her.

I have just spoken with my local vet who has told me that the tests have confirmed it is the parasite, I then spoke with the Rabbit clinic who advised they cannot do the surgery to attempt to fix the eye but only the severe option of taking it out.

It has been suggested that she be referred to an eye specialist, I am currently waiting on the vet to provide me with the details of the specialist to be sent to me.

More waiting.

This little face is sick of the waiting:
309145_10151177051053487_606635301_n

My etsy is still up and running If you feel like buying some jewellery or art and helping out with her vet bills.

OneClockworkRabbit

In which I ask for help.

Anyone who meets me soon realises two things.

I have rabbits, and I love them very very much.

wabbies

Here is a picture of my babies, Iago is the big black boof head boy and the tiny grey princess is Beatrice she is 8 months old a netherland dwarf, and one of the sweetest and prettiest bunnies you will meet, when they are not rampaging around my house together these two enjoy licking each others faces and spooning.

Yesterday I noticed there was something very wrong with Beatrice, and after two vet visits and $430 it has been explained that she has a parasite that they can catch in the womb and resulting abscess in her left eye, she is home with me and Iago (the love of her tiny life)

There are two options :

The first option is surgery to remove the parasite and the damage it has caused, this is expensive but should save her eye.

The second option is to remove her eye entirely, this is the cheaper option.

I don’t yet have the full costs of either procedure but soon the decision will have to be made but at this current juncture I am terrified I will have to make a decision to partially blind one of my beloved pets for financial reasons.

I am listing a bounty of artworks on my etsy, over the next few days, and simply ask if you have ever considered buying my art or jewellery now is the time.
You can email me at beka@oneclockworkrabbit.com

here is my etsy:

Oneclockworkrabbit